Introduction to Year 1
This half term (Spring 1) we shall be learning all about:
- changes in the seasons, specifically winter to spring
- being responsible and looking after something
- The history of our local area and our environment
- using DT skills to create landscapes and different structures
- ‘Dreams and Goals’ is our Jigsaw Topic.
If you have any queries or need to contact the year 1 staff for any reason, you can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Spellings are set weekly every weekend and we award housepoints to all the children who use the site. Please contact us if you don’t know your login and password.
My Maths homework is set weekly and we award housepoints to everyone who has a go. Please contact us if you need a reminder of your password and login.
Phonics teaches children important skills so that they can learn to read and write.
With phonics children learn to recognise sounds that letters make, and how to blend these to read words. Read more about phonics HERE.