rated good by ofsted
We were rated a ‘Good’ school by Ofsted at our last inspection in 2019. The report can be downloaded by clicking the button below, but the highlights of the report were that:
- Since the last inspection, leaders and governors have brought significant improvements to the quality of education provided by the school.
- Pupils’ progress in reading, writing and mathematics by the end of key stage 2 has shown marked improvements form the previous inspection.
- A broad and balanced curriculum meets pupils’ needs well and ensures that they learn well across a range of subjects.
- The large majority of teachers use questioning and assessment successfully to develop and deepen pupils’ knowledge and understanding.
- The quality of leadership, teaching and support for pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) is a strength of the school. These pupils make strong progress from their starting points.
- Leaders and governors have ensured that safeguarding is effective.
- Pupils’ behaviour in the majority of lessons and their conduct around school are good.
- Staff promote positive relationships which ensure that pupils make good use of their time in lessons.
- Children make strong progress as a result of effective leadership and teaching in the early years. They are well prepared to move to Year 1.
You can view our performance data (how our children perform in reading, writing and maths) on the gov.uk website.