We are a teacher-led nursery supported by well qualified, nurturing staff who fully understand the developmental needs of our children. We value curiosity and exploration and have lots of fun learning.
The intention of our nursery is to provide the best start to the children’s education. They are at the centre of everything we do and we want the best possible outcomes for each individual child so that:
- The children are safe, happy, feel valued and special. Each child, their individuality and what makes them unique is celebrated by all adults and children to build respect, relationships and understanding.
- The children develop resilience, confidence, independence, resourcefulness, self-motivation and an ability to problem solve, so that they can interact with the world around them and are prepared for life in modern Britain.
- The children are excited to come to school, their learning is enjoyable, builds upon curiosity and their interests.
- Children are confident, have a good sense of self, build strong friendships and are kind.
How to apply
Either download and complete the application form, or come into the school office to request a copy. You will then be contacted by a member of the nursery team to confirm that a place is available. If your child is already three, then a welcome meeting can be arranged as soon as possible. During this meeting we will speak about your child, their interests, their development and you can share any important information that we need to know in order to support and settle them in well. We can then arrange a start date.
If your child is not yet three, then you will be contacted a few weeks before their birthday
Having a place in any nursery does not mean they will automatically have a place in reception. During the year they turn four, you will need to apply through Nottingham City School Admissions. You will receive information when it is time to do this.
30 hours’ government funding
We provide full-time nursery places for children eligible for the 30 hours’ childcare government funding and who are also developmentally ready.
30 hours: Is my child ready to stay full time?
We provide full-time places to children eligible for a 30-hour code. Please see below the things the class teacher takes into account when considering if a child is ready to stay all day.
- Can your child clearly communicate their wants or needs to adults?
- Are they independent with their toileting OR are they happy to cooperate with nappy changes?
- Can they eat independently at lunch time?
- Can they use resources safely?
- Can they cooperate with daily routines and follow simple instructions?